Saturday, December 11, 2010

Dec 11 - An Icy Adventure!

Yesterday I had the opportunity to do some zodiac work with Joe!  It was really awesome!  We left the boat around 10:00am, and spent the whole day jetting around looking for krill in the water column.  We used a tool called an Echosounder, which is similar to a very delicate fish finder.

ere's a shot of Joe and me towards the end of the day.  Five hours in a small boat = cold feet, no matter how dry you are!

Unfortunately, all the krill we did find were deep under the water, but I did manage to see many other amazing things!!  Penguins were everywhere and would swim right by us as if unaware of our presence.  We spotted two whales.  But my favorite sights were the ice bergs.  The ice here is absolutely surreal.  MT Mark and I played "the ice game" which is similar to the "cloud game" in that you shout out what you think the ice looks like.  Its amazing what a little imagination can do!


he ice can be found in a wide range of colors:  clear, pure white, even blue.  Sometimes we find "dirty ice" which has dark streaks of sediment lodged in it. 
MT Mark and Joe taught me how to drive the Zodiac!

 - Katie

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete